Corporate Partner Programme Specialist – Gender Diversity
- Corporate Partner Programme Specialist - Gender Diversity
- Part-time (2.5 days per week)
- First stage interviews will take place between 2 - 12 May 2017
About CFA UK
The CFA Society of the UK (‘CFA UK’) is a professional organisation that represents approximately 12,000 individuals in the investment profession. CFA UK is one of over 140 CFA Institute member societies worldwide. We promote high ethical standards in the profession and support members through the provision of education, continuing education, events, careers support and advocacy.
CFA UK’s award-winning Gender Diversity Network is the largest community group within CFA UK. The Society’s Gender Diversity committee aims to maintain the high levels of member and firm engagement with its vision of increasing diversity in the profession. CFA UK has recently launched a Gender Diversity Corporate Partner Programme; an initiative to help firms across the investment sector develop best practice in policy and implementation of diversity strategies.
The Gender Diversity committee now seeks a programme specialist, and Council Manager for the Gender Diversity Partner Council, to foster and nurture relationships with its diversity corporate partners. The programme specialist will support partner firms in achieving their gender diversity objectives by identifying and implementing practical tools to embed diversity practices within their organisations. This role offers flexible working.
Purpose of Role
The programme specialist role balances long-term strategic relationship development with day-to-day account management and administration. You will act as the key interface between partner firms, CFA UK’s Gender Diversity Network committee and staffed office, and external stakeholders.
Critical Success Requirements
You are a highly effective communicator with great presentation skills. You have demonstrable success of promoting and implementing diversity initiatives within a business environment and in developing and managing key accounts. Your experience will have been ideally gained at within an investment or financial services firm with a similar audience focus to CFA UK. Drive, motivation and enthusiasm for diversity issues are essential in this role.
Reporting to the Director of Member Services, the Council Manager will be responsible for:
- Liaison with programme partner firms to assess their needs and provide advice, guidance and support on diversity issues
- Acting as CFA UK’s representative on Diversity Project and other related industry initiatives, attending meetings and/or events as required
- Co-ordinating annual meeting to set objectives for the Gender Diversity Partner Council [the Council], and run three additional quarterly meetings to review progress towards those objectives
- Supporting programme partner firms in promoting positive change within their organisations
- Preparing and delivering reports, including an annual report, and presentations to existing and potential partner firms, key external stakeholders, CFA UK GDN and CFA UK staffed office
- Proposing, planning and coordinating programme Council workshops and all other related events
- Capturing event, survey and research findings and incorporating in a toolkit of materials to aid implementation of diversity strategies across the industry
- Responding to programme partner firms’ queries and effectively managing all related administration
- Monitoring the success of ongoing programme partner and Council projects against agreed objectives, and analysing and reporting their impact to CFA UK and the Council.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; high energy and a confident, credible personality
- Excellent presentation and communications skills
- Strong networking skills
- Ability to facilitate and build relationships at all levels with both internal and external stakeholders
- Self-motivated with strong business acumen
- Effective collaborator
- Strong project management skills across a variety of deliverables, ability to own and administer a project completely and to work under own initiative.
- Proven track record in a key account management or business development role
- Knowledge and awareness of the investment management landscape
- Solid experience of diversity strategies and their practical application within organisations
- Educated to degree level or equivalent, CFA or IMC qualification an advantage.