- Associate Director or Associate - Standard & Poors Global Ratings - London, Frankfurt or Paris
- S&P Global
- London or Frankfurt or Paris
- £Competitve + Benefits
- 12 Jun 2017
Associate Director or Associate - Standard & Poors Global Ratings - London, Frankfurt or Paris
Associate Director or Associate - Credit Ratings Analyst – S&P Global Ratings
The Role: We are currently looking for a highly skilled and experienced individual to join our team as an experienced analyst based in London, Frankfurt or Paris. Her/his responsibilities will be:
- Flexibility and adaptability to rapidly pick up credit surveillance on a rating portfolio workload of about 15 credits.
- Perform credit analysis by demonstrating the ability to understand and identify key factors that affect an issuer's credit rating.
- Analyse original, non-routine complex business problems on a timely, orderly and insightful manner.
- Develop and maintain an understanding of industry trends and issues.
- Take responsibility for ratings as a primary analyst with minimal supervision.
- Act as backup analyst as required by team leader, attending meetings in support of colleagues, providing cover for colleagues who are temporarily unavailable due to holidays or business travel.
- Actively participate in rating committees.
- Attend meetings and interact with senior management of corporations to obtain information upon which to base credit rating decisions.
- Present findings and opinions to a credit rating committee.
- Prepare a variety of material suitable for publication on Standard & Poor's credit portal and other media (such as rating reports, press releases, and detailed commentaries) sufficient to disseminate and explain our ratings on a timely basis.
- Perform periodic portfolio reviews in conjunction with the rest of the team.
- Perform recovery ratings if necessary, demonstrating knowledge of criteria and methodology.
- Participate actively in publishing and investor outreach activities.
- Share specific analytical expertise, any useful know how, and ideas to improve group operations.
- Be an analytical role model for junior analysts.
- Maintain integrity of analytical or compliance related databases as appropriate.
The Impact: The individual will be able to demonstrate analytical excellence, and good presentation skills in front of internal and external audiences, and maintain and enhance the quality and timeliness of our analysis. Moreover, you must demonstrate an ability and previous experience in working at board level and you will be asked to represent Standard & Poor's in a highly professional manner to global investors. You will be required to prepare and perform meetings with multi-national, senior management teams to extract and assess information relating to credit quality and to explain our credit rating opinions. Strong presentation and organizational skills are also required to present detailed information and reasoned opinions to our credit rating committees.
The Team / The Business: While the candidate would benefit from several other team members being based in the same location, as well as following the same sectors, he/she would be responsible for the surveillance of a portfolio of about 15 credits. The successful candidate will be comfortable in an environment which stimulates continuous improvement and innovation, and the highest customer service standards whilst adhering to established ratings criteria, methodology, policies and procedures.
- Demonstrable track record / experience as corporate credit analyst.
- Solid understanding of corporate credit rating fundamental analysis principles.
- Strong knowledge of corporate high yield analysis.
- Ability to read and understand loans and bond documentation and related documentation.
- Strong credit analytical skills with a deep understanding of financial statements, cash flow modelling and accounting concepts.
- Be numerate and accurate with figures and detail orientated with the ability to maintain accuracy whilst complying with deadlines.
- Fluent written and verbal communication skills in English. Other languages would be valued, albeit not a condition.
- Ability and previous experience in preparing financial forecasts based upon reasoned assumptions.
- The ability to work both independently and within a team environment is critical.
- Possess solid communication skills, verbal and written, as well as the capacity to expand learn and make a contribution.
- Be computer literate having strong Excel/Word/PowerPoint and database application skills.
- Be willing to travel, sometimes at short notice.
- Be educated to a Master degree level in Economics or Finance.
S&P Global includes S&P Global Ratings, Market intelligence, S&P Dow Jones Indices, and Platts. Together, we’re the foremost providers of essential intelligence for the capital and commodities markets.
S&P Global Ratings’ is a leading provider of global credit benchmarks and research that investors, businesses, and markets use to foster economic development and growth around the world.