Input Output HK Limited (‘IOHK’) is an engineering company that builds cryptocurrencies and blockchains for academic institutions, government entities and corporations. IOHK is a decentralised company that fosters small, innovative and agile teams executing on ideas which have the potential to cause cascading disruption.
IOHK is currently seeking a passionate CFO with international experience. This person will have experience working with startups as well as an understanding or interest in cryptocurrencies and blockchain technology. The CFO would ideally be based in London, will work remotely with international teams and will report directly to the CEO and Chief Strategy Officer.
CFO Function: The chief financial officer position is accountable for the administrative, financial, and risk management of the company. This includes the development of a financial strategy, metrics tied to that strategy, and the ongoing development and monitoring of control systems designed to preserve company assets and report accurate financial results.
- Develop financial and tax strategies.
- Develop performance measures that support the company's strategic direction.
- Offer strategic advice in relation to international growth strategies.
- Oversee the day-to-day responsibilities of financial and management accounting (bookkeeping, A/P, A/R, reporting, etc).
- Oversee the financial planning and proactively build out budgeting processes.
- Participate in key decisions as a member of the executive management team.
- Maintain in-depth relations with all members of the management team.
- Expand the finance team according to IOHK business requirements.
- Conduct investor relations and create new relationships with international business and government leaders.
- Maintain banking relationships with IOHK’s banking partners, around the world.
- Maintain relations with external auditors and investigate their findings and recommendations.
- Ensure accounting processes are compliant with the requirements of financial auditors and government agencies in jurisdictions where IOHK is active.
- Review and approve all documents required by regulatory and tax authorities in jurisdictions where IOHK is active.
- Report financial results to the board of directors.
- Prepare the company’s financial risk profile.
- Maintain appropriate insurance coverage.
- Ensure the company complies with all legal and regulatory requirements.
- Ensure record keeping meets requirements of auditors and government agencies.
- Fully qualified ACA or CFA.
- A minimum of 3 years experience and proven track record of success in CFO roles.
- Prior experience with startups and technology companies would be advantageous.
- Genuine interest in and understanding of the blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies domain.
- Highly motivated and pro-active self starter.
- Strategic thinker with ability to plan, execute and meet deadlines.
- Previous experience of managing people.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High level of written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work remotely with international teams across different timezones.
- Ability to travel for this position half of the year and on short notice.
- Strong skills and knowledge of online collaboration and financial tools, like QuickBooks, Google Spreadsheet and ERP systems.
- Ability to understand the needs of mini-multinational companies and, ideally, experience with being the CFO of a mini-multinational.
If you are interested in this position with IOHK, click "Apply", upload an up-to-date copy of your CV and fill in our application form.