Senior Investment Risk Manager – Fixed Income
A leading global investment manager, with over $1 trillion of assets under management, is seeking an experienced Risk Manager to join it’s expanding team in London. This role will be responsible for the investment risk oversight and risk allocation within the bond team and will have a global coverage of the bond portfolio. Working closely with the investment team, you will act as a risk advisor, with this being a high profile position within the group.
You will be involved in:
- Work closely with the Risk Allocation Committee on alpha/risk allocation processes, and the evaluation of investment talent;
- Play an integral role in the design and structure of the Global Fixed Income Macro Hedge Fund, in addition to the new multi-strategy hedge fund which spans all asset classes;
- Engage in the broader risk management activities of the firm, for example developing a common risk platform across fixed income, and evaluating new risk taker candidates;
- Engage with risk takers on a daily basis, to help them understand their positioning and risks, ensuring that risks match conviction levels;
- Work closely with risk takers to challenge and help them identify opportunities for improvement on their investment philosophies and processes;
- Engage the team with market and portfolio risk insights, and participate actively in the daily Risk Meetings and dialogue on investment ideas;
- Represent the Bond platform, as appropriate, with key clients and consultants.
You will have the following experience:
- 7 years+ risk management experience within long only and long/short fixed income portfolio;
- A strong academic background
- Demonstrable fixed income derivatives knowledge
- Prior experience as a risk taker would be advantageous
Please apply now.
RCQ Associates are a leading specialist recruiter focused purely on Risk, Credit analysis and Quantitative hiring within Financial Services. Should this role not be relevant but you are interested in London based roles within our specialist areas, please send your details as an application including a copy of your CV / linkedin profile, contact information and areas of interest.
Keywords for advert: Risk Manager, Investment Risk Management, Risk Allocation, Fixed Income, Market Risk