Insurance Risk Manager
Our Clients Financial Services Advisory practice has a strong Risk Advisory capability and reputation. They have a mandate to increase their Insurance Risk capability and therefore require a number of senior risk professionals and Subject Matter Experts to augment what is now compelling team.
The successful candidates will already hold a responsible position within the insurance industry and he/she should be recognised by their professional peer group as having sufficient market credibility and gravitas within the insurance sector. You will have a thorough knowledge of regulatory transformation particularly the Risk posture for Pillar II within the SII framework plus flexibility and agility to contribute to a broad range of insurance engagements - covering both the life and general insurance market.
Experience Requirements will include:
- Industry contacts, strong social capital that can be leveraged off and excellent relationship building skills.
- Keen sense of the grasping opportunities and highly commercial, with a strong track record of sustained and repeat business development.
- Deep knowledge of risk management – Insurance Risk, Enterprise Risk, Risk Architecture & Analytics, Regulatory Risk
- Proven ability to undertake verification of model outputs, produce technical documentation, comfortably working with Quants & Actuaries.
- Professional Risk qualification - Post Graduate / PhD in a quant discipline or FIA, CERA, GARP, CFA, ACA etc…
- A good understanding of regulatory perspectives within the Solvency II framework. Strong in policy and prudential interpretation, ability to assess both transaction level and macro impacts of Solvency II, how that impacts on business strategy, capital levels and internal control mechanisms.
- Desirable knowledge of Governance Risk, Pillar II, Use test, Embedded USE and its correlation to the calculation kernel and the ORSA.
- The ability to learn quickly and develop best practice thinking with the market.
- Be comfortable working in a complex environment, with multiple stakeholders upstream and teams.
- The gravitas and stature, and on the way to becoming a respected industry advisor.
Personal Attributes will include:
- Ability to build rapport quickly
- A decision maker - able to use their initiative.
- Flexible and responsible to a changing and developing environment.
- Be a positive inter-dependent team player.
- Maturity, integrity and stature to liaise, negotiate and influence at the highest level both internally and externally.
- An excellent communicator who can translate complex concepts into practical solutions whilst maintaining a hands on involvement.