Our client, a leading global Investment firm is seeking a Head of Valuations to manage the valuation and oversight on a portfolio of private equity funds and illiquid investments based in London.
Reporting to the Head of Valuation Analytics, the Valuation Analytics Manager will assist with valuation analysis and oversight on a portfolio of underlying private equity funds and illiquid investments. The role will form an integral part of the overall valuations process and the candidate will work with the Valuation Committee and also work closely with the Valuation & Company Data Team.
Responsibilities: will include:
- Responsible for overall valuation analysis and oversight-reasonability assessment of underlying private equity/illiquid asset investments valuations including assessing suitability of underlying General Partner valuations alongside the Head of Valuation Analytics.
- Review and verification of co-investment valuations.
- Assisting the Head of Valuation Analytics with the implementation of a new strategy/process for verification of co-investment valuations.Preparation of PVC materials for the valuation of co-investments and attendance meetings to provide input.
- Accounting and/or auditing experience in private equity funds/ illiquid investments and/or company valuations an advantage.
- Good knowledge of global fund and corporate vehicle structures.
- Designing financial models for discounted cash flow, market multiple, market transaction
- Strong understanding of valuation methodologies including good understanding of best practice valuation techniques under IPEV/US GAAP for level 3 securities.
- Performing valuation analysis on a wide range of illiquid investments broadly distributed across industries and geographies while using accepted and relevant