Investment Banking Analyst
Analysts work closely in a team environment with Managing Directors, Directors, Vice Presidents, Associates and other analyst by:
- Working on relationships within various Institutions, assisting Bankers in business origination across Citi’s product set
- Maintaining the strength of the client franchise by assisting on the maintenance of diverse and important relationships
- Developing an in-depth understanding of the dynamics of the business and the major clients with the aim of identifying appropriate marketing opportunities.
- Developing strong relationships internally with key product partners.
- The role of the Corporate and Investment Banker is to provide financial advisory services on a wide range of strategic transactions (including acquisitions, divestitures, mergers and re-structuring) and capital-raising projects and debt financing projects, for corporate clients, financial institutions and governments worldwide. Our bankers work closely with our other business units to ensure client access to the full range of products and expertise within the organisation.
- Our bankers are the Relationship Manager Financiers who build and grow our long-term relationship with these clients. They orchestrate the delivery of Citi's vast global product platform and develop integrated financing strategies, by acting as a primary point of contact through which our clients utilize our extensive capabilities around the world. Through these efforts, our bankers address our client's most complex global banking needs, helping them
The analysts will support the team in:
- Maintaining regular and frequent dialogue with product partners to assist with relationship maintenance
- Assisting in managing the Investment Banking relationship infrastructure, including approvals and documentation.
- Producing and updating client plans in conjunction with product partners and bankers
- Monitoring calling plans to ensure business development is pursued across the client base and that deals are replicated.
- Collaborating with Global Portfolio Management to manage the portfolio and individual client risk
- Interacting with Citi’s network around the globe to ensure activities are co-ordinated across the franchise
Collecting and analysing company information to assist with transactions including:
- Conducting fundamental industry research
- Quantitative Analysis
- Reviewing and organising financial data
- Develop and update analyses to support marketing activity, and coordinate with bankers on delivery of project work.
- Source and create pitch and marketing material, liaising with product partners and the Bankers
Executing M&A, Capital raising or debt financing mandates on behalf of the client:
- Managing due diligence effort
- Managing the transaction process (organisation of data room, Q&A sessions, etc)
Analysing financial data, using and developing financial models including:
- Stand-alone company valuations
- Discounted cash flow analysis
- Financing, comparative and pro-formal analyses
- Creating and finalising new business developments presentations
- Working with management on transaction terms
- Interacting with clients and various levels of management
- Educational or work experience related to financial services organisations
- Knowledge of accounting and finance concepts
- Ability to conduct comparative and pro-forma financial analysis
- Experience of analysing financial data and financial modelling
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of a broad spectrum of products and how they meet client needs.
- Knowledge of client planning and coordinating input from multiple product areas
- Analytical - Assimilating new information quickly and relating it to the needs of the client base.
- Organisational - Managing demands from several sources, working to deadlines and managing offsite analyst timetables
- Strong communication skills (both written & verbal) at all organisational levels - Attention to detail and clarity.
- Proactivity - Identifying situations that could result in new business and developing recommendations tailored to the client
- Advanced MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Ability to work efficiently within a team environments and as an individual contributor
- Ability to efficiently plan and organise own workload within tight deadlines
- Strong academic background. Preference will be given to Qualified Accountants.
- Degree in related discipline would be advantageous
- Planning & Organisation
- Influencing & Persuasiveness
- Flexibility and Adaptability
- Initiative and Pro-activity
- Interpersonal skills/Networking - Able to create and sustain good personal contacts within the team and amongst Citi’s product partners
- Self starter - Prepared to take the initiative to follow issues through, whilst exercising judgment as to when to seek assistance
- Team Player - being able to work in partnership with other individuals on day-to-day and long term projects
- Obtain a broad and deep understanding of global financial markets
- Develop knowledge of financial products
- Opportunity to develop world class broad based banking and client relationship skills
- Opportunity to work in a large and complex organisation with a demanding customer base and in a challenging and changing business environment
- Exposure to an open and multicultural working environment
What we Offer
As well as a competitive salary and consideration for a yearly discretionary bonus Citi offer;
• 23 days paid annual leave
• Award winning pension scheme,
• Life assurance and
• Private medical insurance with Bupa healthcare.
In addition, we offer a competitive maternity, paternity and adoption leave scheme and employees also have the option (provided they have a student loan from the Student Loan Company) to divert saver and company match contributions to their student loan. We pride ourselves on our ability to offer employees a number of lifestyle benefits including; on site restaurant and coffee shops, online shopping and concierge service and subsidised clubs and societies.
Our select benefit package offers you the opportunity to customise your benefits according to your own lifestyle preferences and includes corporate discounts, memberships and a range of additional extras.
Our vast range of diversity networks and on site multi faith room demonstrates Citi’s commitment to growing a diverse workforce.