Leading Investment Bank is searching for an AVP to join their Linear Rates Product & Valuation Control desk in London. This role has been created through an internal move and is an ideal opportunity for a technical product controller looking to gain more exposure to IPV responsibilities:
- Review and Analysis of Daily P&L for the Linear Rates Desk
- Price verification (daily, weekly, monthly) with communication to stakeholders (including the desk
- Calculation of valuation adjustments & reserves and ensuring appropriately reflected in ledger
- Maintaining/updating policy and procedures for valuation adjustment and reserves
- Review of risks across portfolios and ensuring that all policies / procedures are appropriately applied
- Identify opportunities to streamline existing practices
- Engagement in the design, build, testing, and implementation of new Technology Platforms and Systems.
- Developing price verification & reserving methodology and practices
- Strong Product Control experience from a leading Investment Bank
- Good technical knowledge of derivatives
- Exposure of Valuation control techniques and process
- Strong academic background in a mathematical subject – minimum 2:1 degree
- Qualified Accountant or CFA Preferred
- Proven evidence of improving processes
This role requires daily interaction with the front office and it is therefore essential the candidate has strong interpersonal skills to build key relationships. The position offers good career progression into Market Risk or the Front Office in the future.