Senior Manager Research Analyst, Alternatives and Multi Asset
The Group: Morningstar’s Research group provides independent analysis on individual securities, funds, markets, and portfolios. The Research group also provides data on hundreds of thousands of investment offerings, including stocks, mutual funds, and similar vehicles, along with real-time global market data on millions of equities, indexes, futures, options, commodities, and precious metals, in addition to foreign exchange and Treasury markets. Morningstar is one of the largest independent sources of fund, equity, and credit data and research in the world, and our advocacy for investors’ interests is the foundation of our company.
The Role: In this London-based role, you will research and evaluate Alternative UCITS (hedge fund-like) and Multi Asset funds, in order to arrive at ratings and write reports to help individuals, intermediaries and institutional investors make more informed investment decisions. Morningstar has a strong presence locally and across the world. Globally, the Manager Research team comprises more than 115 fund analysts, with a key hub in London. The team here works closely with global colleagues based in other regions.
- Develop clear opinions on funds and other investment vehicles based on research focusing on Morningstar’s Five Pillars.
- Communicate these views to investors via the assignment of ratings and writing robust reports to back your views.
- Conduct quantitative and qualitative analysis using Morningstar’s databases, monitoring regulatory information, and interviewing portfolio managers.
- Monitor important developments in the fund industry, markets, and the broader economy.
- Author columns, articles, and special reports.
- Coordinate with global peers on methodology and strategies available in multiple geographies.
- Represent Morningstar by speaking to the media, regulators, industry associations, and conference delegates.
- High level of understanding in the variety of aspects and instruments used in Alternative and Multi Asset strategies.
- A proven career in an investment research setting, covering Alternative and Multi Asset funds.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Passion for investing and for helping individual investors to make better investment decisions.
- Ability to work independently, but also within an interdisciplinary team.
- Ability to articulate opinions, supported by analytical rigour.
- Bachelor’s degree is required; a graduate degree or CFA/CFP designation is desirable.
Please submit a writing sample that demonstrates your writing and analytical skills, along with a resume and cover letter. Applications without all three items will
not be considered.
Morningstar is an equal opportunity employer.