Credit Analyst - Fixed Income, High Yield
An exciting opportunity has arisen within Kames Capital’s award-winning High Yield business for a credit analyst to join our team. The successful candidate will be responsible for primary research and idea generation from a range of global high yield companies for inclusion in our funds. In addition, the role would encompass helping in the marketing of our funds, and contributing to the wider fixed income team here at Kames.
Direct relevant experience in corporate fixed interest (buy or sell-side) would be desirable; however candidates with a strong accountancy or economics background or relevant experience within an Investment firm along with a relevant qualification (e.g. CFA) and looking to transition into a front-office investment role should also apply. An ability and eagerness to learn is absolutely essential.
At Kames we seek people of all backgrounds who have a demonstrable, longstanding interest in markets, are independently minded, and who would enjoy working in our demanding but collegiate environment.
- Conduct primary research on high yield issuers
- Build and maintain earnings models and forecasts
- Keep up with news-flow and quickly assess relevance and materiality
- Contribute to the development of investments ideas amongst wider team
- In time, assist with trade execution and portfolio maintenance
- Assist in client reporting process
- Assist in winning new/retaining existing client mandates
- Support marketing activities on ad hoc basis
- Responsible for compliance with the regulatory and legislative regime as it impacts your role and for ensuring that risks are identified, reported and managed accordingly
- Ensure Kames Capital consistently applies the principles of TCF, demonstrating with words and actions that the client perspective is always considered in decision making
In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed, the job holder may be required to perform other duties assigned by his/her manager from time to time so long as such duties are within the scope and ability of the job holder.
Skills and Experience
- Be educated to degree level in an appropriate field
- Relevant post-graduate qualifications such as accountancy and/or CFA
- High level of conscientiousness and strong work ethic
- Demonstrable long-standing interest in financial markets and economics
- Strong MS Excel skills required
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with co-workers, clients and company management teams
Applicants should send two copies of their CV stating current salary and expected salary