SS&C Technologies, Inc. provides mission-critical software and software-enabled services for the global financial services industry. SS&C was founded in 1986 by William C. Stone and went public in 1996. SS&C employs a disciplined and highly focused acquisition strategy to increase the breadth and depth of its product and service offerings and capitalise on evolving market opportunities. Since 1995, SS&C has acquired 46 businesses with products, services and/or technologies in existing or complementary vertical markets.
SS&C has more than 8,200 employees worldwide. Our head office is located in Windsor, Connecticut with offices throughout North America, Europe, Asia Pacific and Australia. SS&C provides the global financial services industry with a broad range of highly specialized software, software enabled-services and software as a service (SaaS) solutions for operational excellence. We deliver mission-critical processing for information management, analysis, trading, accounting, reporting and compliance. Our clients manage, in aggregate, over $44 trillion in assets and choose SS&C as their preferred vendor for our expertise.
SS&C acquired GlobeOp in 2012, Advent Software in 2015, Citi Alternative Investor Services in 2016 and Wells Fargo Global Fund Services in 2016. SS&C is the leading independent provider of cloud-based fund administration services and software for the alternative investment industry, including hedge funds, fund of funds, private equity funds and managed accounts.
SS&C Direct, a division of SS&C Technologies, Inc., is an investment processing service group that provides back and middle office accounting, reporting and operations support to Institutional clients.
SS&C Direct is seeking a driven leader to consistently provide accurate, cost-effective and reliable investment accounting for clients and support SS&Cs after tax profits and growth strategy. The successful candidate will have exceptional managerial and industry skills with growing responsibilities throughout his/her career.
Specific functions include:
• Oversee back and middle office investment operations and accounting for asset managers, pension funds, and wealth managers
• Maintain relationship with various clients, including leading operations, governance and vendor review meetings
• Manage career advancement for staff for a group of 3 -7 employees
• Manage staffing requirements; anticipate recruiting needs and take necessary action to retain quality resources
• Project Management of client specific initiatives
• Responsible for ensuring daily, monthly and quarterly reports are delivered timely and accurately to clients, including accounting reconciliations, general ledger, profit and loss, compliance and performance reporting
• Develop and implement consistent policies and procedures for clients, including business analysis, new requirements, workflow, operational review.
• Manage process improvement for clients and share quantifiable results with other managers
• Successfully manage implementation of new clients and other process improvement projects as necessary
• Actively participate in developing consistent policies and procedures for the department
Experience, Skills & Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance or related discipline
• CPA, CFA, MBA, ACCA, CIMA a plus
• Experience in wealth management industry preferred.
• Investment accounting, investment operations, or related experience
• Deep knowledge of a wide array of investment vehicles including, Fixed Income products (Corporates, Mortgage Backed Securities, TBAs, Bank Loans, Repos) Equities, Derivatives (Futures, Swaps, Options, etc.), and International securities
• Experience in supervising and developing staff; Experience in guiding staff on issue resolution
• Proficiency using Microsoft Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Project)
• Project Management experience is a strong plus
• Strong experience using portfolio accounting software (e.g. CAMRA, GWP, D&D)
• Strong experience using ancillary software (e.g. Recon, SSCNet, Oasys, Sylvan, Bloomberg, Reuters)
• Working knowledge of Crystal report writer, relational databases
• Extensive knowledge of trading life cycle, including affirmation/confirmation and settlements
• Direction Setting
SS&C Technologies/ SS&C Financial Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer and as such does not discriminate against any applicant for employment or employee on the basis of race, colour, religious creed, gender, age, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by applicable discrimination laws.