Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst
Wellington Management offers comprehensive investment management capabilities that span nearly all segments of the global capital markets. Our investment solutions, tailored to the unique return and risk objectives of institutional clients in more than 50 countries, draw on a robust body of proprietary research and a collaborative culture that encourages independent thought and healthy debate. As a private partnership, we believe our ownership structure fosters a long-term view that aligns our perspectives with those of our clients.
As part of continued growth, we are currently seeking to hire a Fixed Income Portfolio Analyst. This position will be based in London, and will work with several teams in the investment platform. The primary focus of this position will be to provide support for the portfolio management activities of the Global Derivatives, Emerging Market Debt and Global Bond teams.
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Interacting closely with Portfolio Managers and Traders to ensure the timely and accurate execution of investment strategies across client portfolios;
* Rebalancing portfolios in response to events such as cash flows, benchmark changes, market price movements and changes in client guidelines;
* Monitoring portfolio positions, and verifying that transactions are consistent with client guidelines;
* Interacting with many areas of the firm to improve processes and minimize operational risks;
* Monitoring performance, risk exposures and key market sensitivities of positions in portfolios.
Qualifications The successful candidate for this position is likely to: * Have a strong academic background. An undergraduate degree is required. A post-graduate degree or relevant professional qualification (e.g. CFA), or progress towards one, would be viewed favorably; * Have 3-5 years of relevant professional experience, gained in a similar Portfolio Analyst, Assistant Portfolio Manager or Trade Support role. Previous asset management industry experience is preferred, although candidates from other backgrounds will also be considered; * Demonstrate a strong understanding of, and interest in, fixed income capital markets and investing; * Have advanced analytical skills, a quantitative orientation, and be detail oriented; * Be able to work well under pressure, take direction from multiple sources and prioritize tasks; * Have strong interpersonal skills, in order to interact effectively with investment and other business professionals around the firm; * Be able to think creatively, and initiate projects that lead to improved implementation of strategies and trades.
Please note that we are only able to respond to successful applicants.