Vice President, Thematic Research
The associate role will involve all aspects of research, including 1) writing in-depth reports on long-term megatrends, 2) communicating with internal and external clients, 3) statistical, financial and macro analysis. The demands on the analyst are sometime high and a demonstrated ability to deliver under pressure is essential
- Contributing to strategy publications including primers on long-term megatrends, quarterly stock picks, tactical equity strategy reports
- Marketing the ideas and output from the research to institutional clients.
- Integrate macro structural trends with bottom-up equity research
- Researching relationships between markets and megatrends
- Contributing to reports with research colleagues in other regions, sectors, and asset classes
· Minimum bachelors’ degree with outstanding academic qualifications. Ideally economics, maths, or science background
· CFA, MA, PhD – Desirable
- Strong writing skills
- Advanced level of MS Excel
- Strong interpersonal communication skills
- Strong statistical/financial mathematical skills are required
- Meticulous attention to detail, diligence and conscientiousness
- Proven organizational and time management skills as well as ability to work under pressure
- Capable of working effectively both independently and with multiple teams/individuals
- Previous experience working in sell side or buy side research desired.
· Ability to write extensive primer reports, as well as shorter equity strategy notes
· Experience with presenting and marketing, and willingness to travel
· Good knowledge of global financial markets
· Keeps up to date regarding the policies, practices, trends and technology affecting the bank and his/her area/function
· Demonstrates Analytical Ability
Good conduct and sound judgment is crucial to our long term success. It’s important that all employees in the organisation understand the expected standards of conduct and how we manage conduct risk. Individual accountability and an ownership mindset are the cornerstones of our Code of Conduct and are at the heart of managing risk well.
As part of our standard hiring process to manage risk, please note background screening checks will be conducted on all hires before commencing employment.
We are an equal opportunities employer, and ensure that no applicant is subject to less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, gender identity marital status, race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origins, age, sexual orientation, socio-economic background, responsibilities for dependants, physical or mental disability. The Bank selects candidates for interview based on their skills, qualifications and experience.