Overall purpose of role:
Group Corporate Architecture ("GCA") is a team within Group Treasury focussed on the execution of group-wide strategic initiatives to meet legal and/or regulatory requirements and drive efficiency in terms of the allocation of group financial resources.
One key priority for GCA is to assist individual implementation streams and the overall European Referendum Response Programme ("ERRP") on Barclays' 'Brexit' restructuring, including the design of the optimal target end state corporate structure and execution of the legal steps and/or transactions required to implement it.
GCA is seeking a VP-level contractor or secondee to join the GCA ERRP Execution team on a temporary basis ending in March 2019.
Key Accountabilities and Skills required:
Lead the design, planning and execution of transactions required to implement strategic initiatives. Responsibilities will include:
- Develop and refine transactions to meet strategic objectives
- Identify, analyse, document and escalate key risks, issues and dependencies
- Develop execution plans and agree delivery timelines with key stakeholders
- Coordinate cross functional collaboration to resolve technical and operational issues
- Progress internal approvals and governance processes, ensuring transactions are presented in a clear, concise, accurate and balanced way that facilitates effective decision making
- Direct the preparation, review and execution of all necessary transaction documentation
Risk and Control: All Barclays colleagues have to ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Enterprise Wide Risk Management Framework and internal Barclays Policies and Policy Standards
Your Skills and Qualifications will include
- Determination and resilience to deliver goals in a time pressured environment
- Logical and methodical approach to problem solving, with ability to articulate and break down complex problems and deliver practical and commercially focussed solutions
- Comfortable with ambiguity and changing/evolving environments
- Rigorous and disciplined approach to identifying issues, planning and execution
- Ability to multitask and meet time sensitive deadlines
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including presentation skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong leadership and influencing capability, including ability to use different leadership styles / conflict management techniques to deliver results
- Ability to work in a team, and to manage a team
- Ability to act independently and prioritise appropriately to maximise impact
- Ability to build and leverage a network across the bank
- Ability to shape and drive governance processes across the bank
- Knowledge and experience
- Bachelors degree (2:1 or higher)
- Knowledge and understanding in one or more of the following key technical areas:
- IFRS accounting
- tax (UK and international experience preferred)
- corporate law (financial markets experience preferred)
- prudential capital and liquidity requirements applicable to UK-headquartered banks
- Professional qualification in law, accountancy or CFA preferred
- Familiarity with treasury and front office investment banking businesses and products
- Awareness of developments on the terms of the UK's exit from the EU affecting financial services and other regulatory reforms affecting the banking industry
- Proven ability to execute complex transactions with experience working in a front office structuring team and/or on a large-scale strategic change programme preferred
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. The values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our employees. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.Barclays is an equal opportunity employer and are opposed to discrimination on any grounds. For more detailed information, please visit our dedicated Diversity and Inclusion site here.
- Dynamic working gives everyone at Barclays the opportunity to integrate professional and personal lives, if you have a need for flexibility then please discuss this with the hiring manager.
Our customers deserve the best. The same goes for our employees. That's why at Barclays you'll receive a range of benefits that include a competitive salary and all the tools, technology and support you need to succeed.