Federated Investors, Inc. one of the largest investment managers in the United States has an opportunity available for an Investment Analyst on the International Fixed Income Project and Trade Finance team in its London office (Federated Investors (UK) LLP). This is a unique opportunity to join a seasoned and fully dedicated team recognized as an industry leader in managing globally diversified portfolios of project and trade finance assets mostly domiciled in emerging and frontier markets.
- Bachelor Degree required; finance, economics, statistics or business related field. Advanced degree or CFA a plus.
- Minimum 2 to 5 years of emerging market credit analysis (sovereign and corporate) experience required; Experience in trade finance loans preferred. Emerging market corporate risk management experience accepted.
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial statement, covenant, structure, risk analysis and relative value techniques are required.
- A comprehensive understanding of macro-economic and political factors are required.
- Excellent research knowledge, analysis, and the ability to make recommendations are required
- Ability to operate as part of a team and communicate effectively with colleagues across the Fixed Income Department.
- Computer proficiency especially in Microsoft office suit required; knowledge of Wall Street Office, Bloomberg, and/or statistical analysis software preferred.
- Initiate, perform and maintain high-level, in-depth research and analysis of emerging market trade finance credits in order to provide quality recommendations for security selection within the portfolios. The investment analysis will include financial statement analysis, evaluation of covenant structures, financial modeling, comparable company analysis as well as assessment of industry, transaction structure, and political and macroeconomic trends.
- Use analysis to formulate investment ideas and clearly articulate it to the portfolio managers for inclusion in the portfolio. This includes adding value by generating risk adjusted recommendations to either buy, sell, or hold any given security.
- Diligently seek research and remain apprised of country, political, company, and industry trends. Sources include, but are not limited to, industry publications, public documents, annual reports, trade journals, interviews with management teams, working with sell-side research analysts and reviewing financial statements and earnings transcripts.
- Build and maintain financial models and spreadsheets.
- Gather country, sector, and company data to be used in determining a credit and sector recommendation
- Proactively develop and maintain working rapport with external company/agency personnel.
- Participate in investment meetings within the International Fixed Income group.
Diligently monitor news sources from around the world with particular attention to the designated region
Only those candidates in whom we have an interest will be contacted.