• Responsible for helping to shape and execute on Northern Trust's brands, investment offerings, and sales efforts related to ESG Investments within all asset classes and distribution channels.
• Act as a trusted product specialist to EMEA & APAC based institutional and wealth management investors that seek to integrate ESG factors:
- Focus on sales activities; and
- Further develop the market for ESG and Responsible Investment within the distribution channels
• Identify, coordinate and participate in internal and external events, networking opportunities, and educational forums to increase ESG awareness and advocacy.
• Maintain and communicate quarterly market intelligence briefings as it relates to published research and studies, the competitive landscape, and industry trends.
• Provide support for the EMEA & APAC institutional and wealth management businesses by supporting product development and innovation, attending client meetings, roadshows and responding to RFPs and other capabilities inquiries.
• Help manage relationships with key ESG focused entities, in particular entities such as UNPRI, and coordinate responses to industry surveys and research studies.
• Liaise with investment teams to remain abreast of existing products and help develop new products in conjunction and work on ESG product pricing with strategist teams.
• Author, co-author and oversee production of at least six ESG white papers per year.
• Strong knowledge of macroeconomics, global markets and investment strategy.
• Excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
• Ability to develop a network both internally and externally.
• Proven track record of success with client relations.
• Bachelor's degree required. Advanced degree (MBA, PhD, CFA, CAIA) preferred.
• 8-10 years of experience in RI/ESG research industry, or relevant financial services experience that includes exposure to RI/ESG investment products.
• Prior background in product management, market research and/or analysis.
• Experience coordinating and leading cross functional teams and projects.
About Northern Trust
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families, to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
Northern Trust proudly cultivates a diverse workforce, to serve our diverse client base. We strongly believe that diversity of experience contributes to a broader collective perspective that will consistently lead to a better company. We encourage applications from the best regardless of ethnicity, gender, gender identity, age, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, education, socio-economic background, parental and caring status, or religion.
As of March 31, 2018, Northern Trust Corporation had:
• $10.8 trillion in assets under custody/administration
• $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
• $1.2 trillion in assets under management
• $130 billion in banking assets