- To analyse, review, and monitor alternative fund operational processes and risks with a focus on fraud risk, back office sufficiency, conflicts of interest and other business risks.
- Drafting reports for the company's clients.
- Liaising with clients and prospects about the company's process and findings on managers
The vast majority of this role involves on-site visits/meetings, verification with various service providers, reference checking, document reviews, etc. A significant portion of the role will entail liaising with external parties while performing due diligence and background checks, as well as reviewing underlying funds' financial and legal documents. Senior principals provide training and mentoring.
This role will involve reporting directly to the person responsible for operational due diligence on European hedge funds, and will require close collaboration with the operational due diligence team in the US office. New hires are expected to quickly develop both the subjective and objective skills necessary to assess the business risks of hedge funds from an investor's point of view. Over time, all researchers are expected to forge their own relationships throughout the industry.
Qualifications / Skills required:
- University graduate or equivalent
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Transferable work experience, with knowledge or experience of hedge fund operations or middle office / fund accounting / prime brokerage / audit / legal / compliance / technology
- Possession of or advanced progression towards relevant professional qualifications (CFA, CAIA, ACCA, CIMA or ACA)
- Be a proactive self-starter, proficient time management, and a multi-tasker
- Professional demeanour and strong interpersonal skills
- IT systems literacy
- Happy to travel on a frequent basis
- Attend company off sites