Research Associate - Chemicals Industry
Position Summary: Professional entry-level position that supports Senior Equity Analyst in preparing industry and company research by collecting, organizing and analyzing data, assisting in the preparation of investment-related research reports and maintaining financial models.
- Assist the Equity Analyst in preparing written industry and company-specific reports;
- Assist in maintaining and developing financial models for revenue and income forecasts, cash flow analysis, balance sheet and quarterly projections;
- Develop familiarity with industry and related companies in order to assess the relevance of news and other data;
- Collect information on assigned industries and companies;
- Perform qualitative analysis of macroeconomic variables that impact the industry;
- Maintain computer databases covering industry and related companies;
- Regular attendance required
- Excellent academic record. Majors in Accounting, Finance, Chemical Engineering or Chemistry strongly preferred.
- Proven ability to communicate effectively in written and spoken English and knowledge of a continental European language would be an asset. Must be able to effectively summarize, explain and field questions about specific industry-, company- and market-related developments;
- Quantitative and analytical skills sufficient to assist in developing corporate financial projections and equity valuation metrics;
- Organizational skills sufficient to perform duties with frequent interruptions and changes in response to company announcements and/or market conditions;
- PC skills sufficient to create Word documents, complex Excel spreadsheets, PowerPoint presentations and Outlook email;
Licenses and Certificates: Participation strongly preferred in CFA, IMC or ASIP
Hours: 40+ (Additional time may be required).
Travel Required: Minimal (Less than 10%)
Working Environment: Climate-controlled office environment during normal business hours
Functional Area: Equity Capital Markets