State Street IMS is responsible for outsource service provision through leading edge technology and services for its clients. SSC has demonstrated excellent success in recent times with major client wins covering in excess of 10 locations worldwide, including UK, Europe, South Africa and USA, for the outsource arrangements of Fund Accounting and Investment Operations. SSC are increasing its talent to support the planning, development and roll-out of the Enterprise project within the Investment Operations arena and require keen and experienced investment operations business professionals to play a key role in the delivery of a successful solution.
This is an Attribution role within the IMS UKMEA Information Services Group. The team works to ensure the delivery of Performance & Attribution Analytics reporting to our growing client base, implementation of client projects.
- Produce accurate Performance Reports using StatPro systems on a monthly basis for Client Reporting, Institutional Marketing in a timely manner and for internal Heads of Desks reporting.
- Relationship management and relationship building
- To prepare, input (via Download or manually) on a monthly basis the production an output containing Performance data to include market values, fund returns and comparative Index returns.
- Produce Attribution reports to quantify and follow Investment Decision Process
- Produce Performance data for Retail Marketing (UK Retail and European wholesale) on an ad-hoc basis for fact sheets / key features.
- Produce Performance returns for Board Papers and Report & Accounts for all Product ranges - eg Institutional Funds, Investment Trusts, Unit Trusts, SICAVs, OEIC's, Exempt Funds.
- Fundamental involvement to help maintain GIPS Compliance for clients
- Perform ad-hoc requests
- Management Information Statistics
- Experience of all financial instruments such Equity, Fixed Income, Derivatives, Hedging etc
- Develop positive relationships internally / externally to ensure smooth exchange of Performance data such as Clients / external vendors / Fund Managers / IT Dept.
- An understanding of Ex-ante Risk metrics. Explain and interpret ex-post Risk statistics
- Familiarity with interfacing Performance systems with Accounting Systems
- Training, developing and mentoring other team members
- Change management
- Project work, including on-boarding new clients, new systems and liaising with multiple stakeholders
- Display a culture of individual ownership of tasks to embed a clear individual sense of accountability in performing the role
- Ensure that the highest level of the Code of Conduct is displayed in your behaviour
- Provide appropriate management information as required to support business unit decision making
- Support the 'Risk Excellence' culture within the business
- Adhere to limits of delegation and escalation procedures required by your manager so that you comply with internal policies and external regulations
Good numerical, communication, problem-solving and analytical skills.
System solutions : Statpro Composites / Statpro Performance and Attribution / StatPro Fixed Income (SFI) / Factset / GPA / PnA
Data feeds : Hiportfolio / Datastream / FACTSET / Bloomberg / External provider
PC Skills : Advanced Excel skills (macro level) / VBA an advantage / SQL
Highly motivated, team skills, ability to work under pressure
Ability to manage deadlines and expectation of others
CFA / CIPM / IMC preferred