Fund Manager/Investment Analyst, Indirect Real Estate
Kames Capital is a specialist investment management business with offices in London and Edinburgh managing c£44bn across Fixed Income, Equities, Property and Multi-asset.
We currently have a vacancy for a Fund Manager/Investment Analyst to join their Indirect Property Team which is part of the wider, award winning, real estate team.
The role is based at our offices in the Leadenhall Building in the City of London. A competitive salary and benefits package is available to the successful candidate and will be dependent on their level of experience.
As part of the Indirect Property team to manage or assist in the management of bespoke segregated accounts for institutional investors, a property fund-of funds and offer specialist provision of strategic and fund selection advice to institutional investors.
- Help construct portfolios, develop investment strategies to meet the investment objectives of clients. Research, identify and recommend preferred investment themes, investment styles and sector allocations based on economic and property market views. Assist in the preparation of client strategy recommendations for investment committee papers.
- Conduct fund manager meetings, complete research notes, update fund ratings and disseminate fund information/views to the rest of the Indirect Property Team. Maintain relationships with fund managers of existing client investments.
- Conduct due diligence and prepare investment committee recommendation papers for investments.
- Source and execute secondary market deals as per agreed portfolio strategies. Maintain relationships with brokers and key contacts.
- Liaise with other Kames operational teams (e.g. trade operations) to ensure the accurate and timely settlement of trades, performance reporting etc. Assist in updating and maintaining client portfolio analysis tools that demonstrate portfolio strategies, portfolio risk profiles, and see-through exposures.
- Prepare and assist in production of client investment reports, and client and consultant presentations.
- Contribute to the business development of the Indirect Property business by assisting in securing new mandates, developing new products and helping formulate ideas and marketing material to generate new revenue.
Skills and Experience
- Professional Degree in relevant discipline.
- Proven knowledge and understanding of economics and the UK commercial property market, the drivers of asset-level investment risks and returns, and the regulatory framework relating to the management of institutional client money.
- Track record in researching and/or identifying investment themes and opportunities, and presenting to clients.
Anyone wishing to apply for this role please email CV and covering letter, stating current and expected salary