A leading Investment Bank is looking for a model risk manager and validation expert to work across a variety of Risk models in their London HQ. The role will be a Senior Vice President and the position has been made available by internal promotions within the function, highlighting the career progression available.
- Manage model risk across the model lifecycle including model validation, ongoing performance evaluation and annual model reviews.
- Provide guidance to junior validators as and when necessary
- Manage stakeholder interaction with model developers and business owners during the model lifecycle.
- Represent the bank in interactions with regulatory agencies, as required.
- Present model validation findings to senior management and supervisory authorities.
- Minimum of Master's degree in a quantitative field (physics, mathematics, statistics, finance, computer science, etc.) with extensive years of relevant experience
- Fewer years of relevant experience will be considered for candidates with higher academic qualifications and/or certifications such as a PhD, a second Master's degree, or CFA
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in one or more of C/C++, Python, Matlab, SAS